Summer can be a time for family vacations and get togethers. Make it less stressful with these tips:
- You know what the stressful parts are because you have done this before – you either grew-up with these people, married them, or had them. Don’t expect people to do things differently than they always have.
- Plan for the stress by doing something different. If you know no one can make a decision about a meal or little Gus breaks down at 5pm. Do what will make it less stressful for you.
- Spend less time together if needed. Go ahead make a decision without consulting the whole pack. It’s OK. People might even be grateful.
- Don’t plan too much to do in one day and be flexible to knock something off the list.
- Think positively, slow down, and enjoy the present moment.